One year ago today, Penn Career Services launched this blog in hopes it would be an exciting new way to reach those we serve. Penn & Beyond has succeeded beyond our highest expectations and we anticipate that it will only continue to grow and evolve in the years to come – with new features and a variety of voices from our staff, current students, distinguished Penn alumni and special guests.
Over the past year, we’ve had some extremely popular entries on Penn & Beyond. Here are the top ten entries, based on individual hits (Not counting the front page or contest announcements). A great chance to revisit an old favorite or catch up on those you haven’t seen yet.
- Beware the Hippo: Choosing Where to Apply for Medical School by Carol Hagen
- How to Become the Next Intern Idol by Claire Kleiger
- Responding Is Very Professional by Rosette Pyne
- It’s Not Too Late! (Good) Internships are Still Available! by Claire Klieger
- FrankenFood by Joseph Barber
- The Rules DO Apply to You by Rosette Pyne
- Why Reneging on Your Offer is Bad for Your Career Mojo by Claire Klieger
- A Day in the Life: Educational Non-Profit by Shannon Kelly
- What Disney Can Teach You About a Good Cover Letter by Joseph Barber
- Behind the Black Hole of the “Submit” Button by Kelly Cleary (tie)
- Pronoun Abuse: An Interview Diagnostic by Anne Lucas (tie)
This blog couldn’t exist without your readership and feedback. Please continue to let us know what you like and what you’d like to see more of? Have a favorite blog not listed here? (Maybe one of these?) Sound off below! Thanks for helping us make the first year of this blog such a success!