With almost 15 days left in 2010, the top ten lists of the year are starting to pop up online and in print. I’m dedicating this blog entry to the top ten highlights from Career Services in 2010 – these are in no rank-order because they’re all great achievements from the last 12 months.
2. @PennCareerDay. We launched a new Twitter account, @PennCareerDay, that features alumni who post about a day in their life. Alumni in consulting, venture capital, education, publishing and international healthcare recruitment all contributed. A record of their posts can be found on our Twitter resource page.
3. PennLink. Since January 1st, 2010 we have had over 2,000 new employers, as well as over 8,000 job and internships posted in PennLink.
4. Video Conferencing. We had 17 international companies speak with students through our video conferencing equipment this past year. Companies were in the UK, Germany, Dubai, Israel, India, China, Hong Kong and Japan.
5. Career Fairs. We held 10 career fairs here on campus, 2 were virtual fairs, with 500 employers in total.
6. Make an Impact. We had another successful line up of programs on careers with the federal government. Speakers visited campus from NASA and the CIA at the Science & Engineering Jobs in Government, the State Department at the presentation on the Foreign Service Oral Exam, as well as from UNICEF and USAID at the Careers in International Development panel, to name a few. Stay tuned for more programs like this in 2011!
7. Website Re-Design. We re-organized our website to help you find resources more easily and feature new content. One of the biggest changes were updates to the undergraduate resources – if you haven’t seen them yet, visit the undergraduate page here.
8. On-Campus Recruiting (OCR). There were 7,708 interviews on campus this fall, up over 10% from Fall 2009.
9. Interview Stream. We added Interview Stream to our list of partners in PennLink. This resource lets students practice interviewing and watch themselves through the playback feature.
10. Vimeo Video Channel. As part of our growing use of social media to provide you with a variety of content and resources, we have grown our video collection on Vimeo to include over 50 videos with 7 specific channels. Whether you seek advice about law school, what to do while you’re abroad or to get advice from alumni first hand – there is a video for you. Check out our channel today at http://vimeo.com/penncareerserv.
Here are two other Top 10 Lists I came across recently: