Education and Social Services Career Day 2012
Thursday, March 1, 2012
2:00 – 5:00pm
Hall of Flags, Houston Hall, 3417 Spruce Street
Please note: This event is open ONLY to current University of Pennsylvania students and alumni, as well as current students of Bryn Mawr College’s Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research. See below for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Education and Social Services Career Day?
- Where and when is the event being held?
- Who can attend Education and Social Services Career Day?
- How do I register?
- How should I prepare for Career Day?
- Which employers will attend Education and Social Services Career Day?
Education and Social Services Career Day is designed to create a space for Penn students and alumni to connect with employers and learn about opportunities in education and social services, as well as related fields such as intercultural communication, counseling, social policy/research, advocacy and non-profit administration. This event always offers an opportunity to make helpful contacts, whether your job search is for the immediate future or a little further out.
Education and Social Services Career Day 2012 will be held in Houston Hall’s Hall of Flags on the University of Pennsylvania’s campus, from 2-5pm on Thursday, March 1. A map to Houston Hall can be found by clicking here.
Students and alumni of The University of Pennsylvania, as well as current students of Bryn Mawr College’s Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research are invited to attend.
Pre-registration is not required for students/alumni, but you must bring your Penn ID to the fair. If you are an employer interested in attending the fair, click here.
- Prepare your resume: And bring plenty of copies! Call 215-898-4381 during office hours (M-F, 9-5) to make an appointment to have your resume critiqued, or to find out about walk-in hours. If you would like some formatting ideas, sample resumes for GSE students are available by clicking here, and samples for SP2 students are available by clicking here.
- Research employers: A list of employers attending can be found below. Click on the school’s or organization’s name to navigate to its website.
- Develop an introduction of yourself: In no longer than 1 minute, prepare an introduction of yourself, emphasizing your interests/qualifications as it relates to each of your “must-see” employers. Also, have a thoughtful question or two in mind based on your research of the employer.
- Review additional Career Services’ materials: Read our “Navigating Career Fairs” webpage, or watch our Career Fair Tips video.
Which employers will attend Education and Social Services Career Fair?
Hyde Leadership Charter School (Hyde-Bronx)