Career Services is excited to announce the launch of our partnership with Handshake, the most intuitive and sophisticated career platform on the market today. Handshake will be the place for you to search for jobs and internships, to learn about workshops, career fairs, employer presentations, on-campus interviews and more. To take advantage of Handshake, please activate your account today: http://upenn.joinhandshake.com
Note: Handshake is now live for CURRENT STUDENTS and graduates of the class of 2017. Other alumni, as well as current postdocs will be getting access in the coming weeks, please look for an announcement soon.
Here is what you need to know to get started:
- Registration is easy. Handshake is pre-populated with information that will speed up the registration process, which is quick and easy.
- Click “University of Pennsylvania Sign On” and then enter your PennKey and password
- Click on “Set Up Single Sign On” when prompted
- Enter your Penn email address, confirm your authentication after receiving an email, and get started.
- After that, you’ll be able to log on using your PennKey every time!
- Handshake pulls your home school from the Penn Data Warehouse. If you are a dual degree student your other schools are also downloaded, but they will not appear on your profile. Handshake will be adding additional schools to the profile in the future, but for now, you will just see home school.
- Maximize your experience: fill out your career interests and complete your profile. Handshake uses algorithms to highlight certain jobs and internships. Be sure to list your career interests, so Handshake can be optimized for your search. You can also sign up to receive targeted industry-focused newsletters.
- Job and internship postings are already in Handshake. The Handshake employer network is robust, and employers have shown tremendous interest in Penn students. If you are looking for a full-time job or internship, check out the listings often.
- Pennlink is still live, for now. Go into Pennlink now and download any documents (resumes, cover letters, etc) you wish to have and upload them into Handshake. After June 30 you will no longer be able to access your documents in Pennlink, nor will you be able to see a list of the positions you applied for through the Pennlink system. Get anything you want out of Pennlink now.
- Coming soon: appointment signups through Handshake. Stay tuned for this announcement in the coming weeks. For now, continue to call our office to schedule appointments.
- Questions? Check out these FAQs from the Handshake team: https://support.joinhandshake.com/.
We look forward to improving our services and the information you receive through Handshake.