New Staff Member: Natty Leach

It seems one day back to the grindstone after spring break was enough to merit more time off. I hope everyone had a chance to enjoy some winter activities—sledding, sipping hot cocoa, or building tiny snow-Quakers. For my first ever Penn snow day, I enjoyed sleeping in and making breakfast sandwiches around noon. Since I am new around here, I wanted to take a chance to quickly introduce myself:

My name’s Natty Leach and I just joined the Career Services team a few weeks ago. My primary role will be meeting with students from the College about all of their future career goals. I will also be managing our job database system to help make sure Penn students are receiving great job and internship opportunities.

My interest in higher education started when I became an RA at New York University where I majored in Media, Culture, and Communication (a real mouthful). While at NYU, my favorite part of college was being able to explore an array of disciplines and subjects which I took advantage of by minoring in English and Web Design. After college, I advised pre-health students at Temple University for several years. Here at Penn, I’m excited to talk with you about all of your various interests and passions.

A few fun facts about me:

• I love music. In college, I played guitar and sang vocals as part of a hip-hop band.
  • I love video games. I just beat Bravely Second over our snow day but still haven’t managed to beat DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) over the last 10+ years.
  • I’ve been to every continent except Antarctica. I hear the weather’s great, though – today it’s -78°F.

Thanks for hearing a little bit about me – I look forward to getting to know more of you all in the future!